Inulin Powder, Organic 227g
- Pure Powder
- Nourishes Friendly Bacteria
- Very Low Glycemic Index
* Inulin, a fructooligosaccharide (FOS), is a soluble prebiotic fiber that is resistant to digestion and reaches the large intestine essentially intact.
* Intestinal probiotic bacteria consume Inulin and in turn, produce the short-chain fatty acids that nourish the cells lining the colon.
* Inulin thus helps to maintain intestinal health and function.
* Inulin has a pleasant flavor that adds a mild sweetness to foods and drinks, but has a very low glycemic index and will not negatively impact serum glucose levels.
Take 1 level teaspoon 1 to 3 times daily. Mix into your favorite beverage or food. Begin with 1 teaspoon a day and slowly increase dosage to limit GI discomfort.
Store in a cool, dry place after opening.