Cozumel Lamb Kabobs
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 cup tomato vegetable juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds American lamb boneless leg, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup small boiled onions
- 2 oranges, cut into chunks (with skin)
- 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Remove green stems from fennel bulb. Peel off 6 outer layers. Cut into 1-inch squares; reserve. Finely chop remaining fennel.
- In large non-metal bowl, stir together chopped fennel, juices, onion, cilantro or parsley, fennel seed, salt and pepper. Add lamb cubes, fennel cubes and onions; cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Use a 12-inch bamboo skewer to make kabobs by alternating lamb cubes, orange chunks, fennel squares and onions. Repeat, making all skewers. Broil 4 to 6 inches from source of heat for about 10 to 14 minutes, turning once.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.